Projects have been moving along. The Elegant Gauntlets are DONE! Babygirl has been bugging me for them, and didn't care that the 2nd one is slightly larger than the 1st. Gauge is slightly tighter, and by the time I noticed, I didn't want to frog and start all over.
I've started (again) Teva Durham's Turtleneck Shrug. I love this pattern. I don't know if it will be for me or babygirl, as she says she wants one too. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in blue. And using the combined knitting method, I have a nice crisp K3P3 thing going. It's funny, because when I first taught myself to knit years ago, I used combined knitting. Only when picked up the needles again, did I start knitting "properly". I can definitely see a difference when I knit any ribbing or cables. So, I will use both methods accordingly.
As for Nanowrimo progress....consider me a Nanowrimo dropout. My goals for this month has nothing to do with quantity, but consistency. I need to develop a daily writing habit. Once past that hurdle, I can work on daily quantity.